1. Let the teachers take control in their classrooms and stop overtesting.
2. Understand that not all children have the ability to achieve at the same rate of speed.
3. Special needs students should not always be placed in the regular classroom because it interferes with the education of the students... more »
2. Revisit welfare reform and include more ties to parent continuing education and student performance.
3. Offer incentives for administrators with core-subject backgrounds. There's something to be said about a leader who can do their teachers jobs in their absence.
4. Follow up on districts that received funds from the... more »
The Portal site has more features, and no plans to curtail or cease operations (this site stops accepting submissions on March 19, 2010)...
From the Portal's homepage:
"The Department of Education has developed this Portal as an online forum where key stakeholders in education can share their innovative ideas and collaborate to turn those ideas into a new reality. By connecting an idea from... more »
Two suggestions of a new name for President Obama's proposed education reform:
"EVERY CHILD ACHIEVES"
"EVERY CHILD AN ACHIEVER"
Postively states that every child will receive an education that will produce college readiness or career readiness upon comletion of high school.
A national education technology infrastructure could provide many benefits, such as:
* pre-recorded lectures on advanced subjects - currently, many smaller school... more »
New technologies are emerging at a faster pace than Agencies can swallow. The rate of obsolescence outpaces the pace of change.
Despite the new technology flood, Agencies lack a strategy to on-board these disruptions. As a result, they often react, flounder, or simply ignore them.
We can solve these problems in four major areas of practice:
Leadership... more »
In response to this site's question: “How should we collaborate with…businesses?”
The provision of said subsidies can be expected to:
* catalyze the creation of many jobs
* help children enjoy fuller development of their physical brains
I have developed a business plan for establishing... more »
Along the way, children are given the impression that only certain people can succeed at learning certain subjects or in general.
Once... more »
I have worked now for well over 30 years in the Library of Congress. Many of us will be retiring soon, and many of us staying well beyond retirement age. All these lives of learning experience will eventually be lost.
Why shouldn't we, and why aren't we establishing a National Mentor Knowledge Corps? or Knowledge Coaches for the Future Initiative???
Teach the inner citie unemployed how to farm in rural areas. What they learn can lead to farming in the urban and rural areas.
This can produce many unemployed to obtain a new career in agriculture and other farming like solar and wind industries.
Are there any farmers out there willing to participate in such endeavors. We are all in this together, food you produce ends up in the urban... more »